Data Quality Review
Private and public bodies have a duty to maintain high quality of the data they hold. NHS trusts and Local Authorities must meet defined standards of Information Governance, including data quality.
As well as a duty, there are many practical incentives to maintain data quality – in reduced costs and improved quality of service arising from better quality data.
Tools for measuring and improving data quality can be expensive and inflexible. The need is for a toolset which can rapidly and flexibly access the business-critical information stores, to assess and measure a wide range of specific data quality problems; and then provide effective means for addressing them.
Our Data Quality Review and Toolset fills this need. Using our powerful and flexible tooling, we will work with your staff to:
- Interview selected managers and front-line staff, to identify those data quality hot-spots which adversely affect business and clinical processes
- Interface our tools to selected systems and databases, to access and compare data across those systems
- Run comparative queries, to see comparable data from different systems side by side in a common logical format
- Run fast bulk matching and de-duplication tools, to quantify the extent of missing or duplicated records (functions normally available in tools at many times the price)
- Present the results to your managers , including those with responsibility for information governance
- Write a short report, identifying the key opportunities for information quality improvement and cost reduction.
This is a highly cost-effective way to understand the nature and extent of your key data quality issues, and then to plan and cost-justify a programme to address them. The price of the review project includes a first year's licence for the data quality toolset, which we leave configured for your specific data quality issues, so you can continue to monitor and improve data quality.
For further Information Contact us